UC San Diego Anthropology Field Schools (Summer 2017)
Global Seminar in India
Professor Saiba Varma
Medical Anthropology and Global Health in South Asia (ANSC 190GS & ANSC 191GS)
Visit the UC San Diego Study Abroad website to find more study abroad opportunities.
Why study abroad?
- Participated in a different educational system and gained a new cultural perspective
- Increased your proficiency in another language
- Improved your critical thinking skills
- Expanded your worldview by experiencing another culture ﬁrsthand
- Developed self-conﬁdence and independence
- Prepared for a career in an internationally competitive world
- Enhanced résumés and/or applications for graduate school
Step 1: Try an upper division Anthropology course out at UCSD before taking them abroad.
Step 2: Talk to an advisor to see if the abroad course can be counted for UC credit. Submit a course pre-auth request to waive course prerequisites if needed.
Step 3: Have an amazing time at your destination.
Step 4: Fill out an Undergraduate Student Petition form to receive UC credit for the course when you return once your grade has posted on your academic transcript.
NOTE: The Department ordinarily transfers no more than four upper-division courses toward the major, and two upper-division courses for the minor. Petitions for exceptions will be reviewed on a case by case basis.